- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling.
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue.
- Organizing conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff.
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc.).
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts.
- Achieving assigned sales targets and productivity of the territory.
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager. Generally, medical sales executives have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professions.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings.
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations.
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the National Health Service (NHS), anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly.
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector.
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
Industry: Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area: Sales , Retail , Business Development
Role Category: Retail Sales
Role: Medical Representative
UG:B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, Biomedical, B.Pharma – Pharmacy, B.Sc – Any Specialization, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry
PG:M.Tech – Any Specialization, Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, Biomedical, M.Pharma – Pharmacy