Incumbent will have overall responsibility for managing the operation, assisted by a team of managers, in order to ensure that desired productivity and quality levels are achieved and maintained. He will be responsible for all day-to-day operations including resource planning, hiring, training, team management and participating in client meetings when necessary. The role will report directly to the UK Board of Intelligent Data Collection Limited, the leading transport survey company in the sector.
- Manages overall personnel, performance, and discipline in the assigned area.
- Real-time communication with the higher management and clients for issues, updates, queries and reporting.
- Drive specific improvement projects like seat utilization, productivity, quality etc. as required by Management team.
- Review and analysis of periodic reports and metrics.
- Conducting regular reviews and one on ones with the team
- Seek methods for continuous process and productivity improvements
- Complete daily assigned projects as per the clients expectations and SLAs.
- Manages and oversees the workflow and drive quality.
- Audit files on a sampling basis as per Quality Plan.
- Should act as a Subject Matter Expert for the team and the client.
- Ability to take escalation mails/calls.
People Management/ Development:
- Assist with interviewing and selection of team members and serve as a role model and mentor your team and others.
- Responsible for developing Team Leaders and Operations Managers through coaching and team building while serving as an escalation point for the Operations issues and complaints.
- Work with HR to develop & implement a Talent Management strategy for the BU.
- Conduct periodic and annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
Finance and Legal:
- To comply with all statutory requirements pertaining to external agencies like Banks, and Government offices (example PF and ESIC).
- Coordination with company’s chartered accountant and auditors in order to maintain updated accounts of the company and ascertain timely filing of returns and tax payments.
- To ensure that the company is regular and on time in making statutory payments like TDS payments, Professional Tax, Provident Fund, ESIC etc.
- Facility Planning, including overseeing proper management of vendors / suppliers for furniture, maintenance of PC’s and electrical fixtures.
- Accountable to make timely payments of all utility bills and to ensure the uninterrupted functioning of all utilities like power and water (does not include circumstances beyond my control, flooding, and major breakdown in power etc.
- Confident at working effectively in a virtual or distributed team environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, project management and customer service skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically, to link short and long term visions to daily activities.
- Good attention to details.
- Excellent English written and communication skills.
- Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to address all relevant information/data and develop practical approaches.
- Adept at resolving complex problems.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Competent at meeting tight deadlines, performing high-quality work and diligent follow up.
- Adept at summarizing and concluding activities, applying appropriate documentation