- Develops, manufacturing methods, equipment and processes for programs.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency which meets the customers standards and takt time.
- Simultaneously engineers, with product engineering, new products and processes to ensure manufacturable product designs that are synergistic with the correct and efficient production processes, equipment and methods.
- Writes equipment and process specifications. Purchases equipment and manufacturing materials for the execution of new products and programs.
- Calculates cycle time, work content in manufacturing cells and stations, plant process staffing requirements and costs. Ensures that processes and product designs meet the customers expectations and financial targets.
- Manages the equipment and process for customer and critical events including Run at Rates, PPAP and critical deliveries.
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining all manufacturing and process engineering documents required for product launches.
- Constructs the manufacturing bill of materials, process flow diagrams, process failure mode effective analysis (PFMEA).
- Writes all equipment and process preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Applies Lean principles to new product launches including minimizing WIP, ergonomic work stations, visual management and 5S. Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
- Applies statistical methods to solve problems and improve manufacturing processes.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards such as TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Complies and shares best practice and lessons learned initiatives.
Experience : 7 – 12 Years
Industry Type : Automobile / Auto Anciliary / Auto Components
Role : Industrial Engineer
Functional Area : Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance